Friday, October 11, 2019

Choosing a Trading Platform


When you’ve decided to bite the bullet and give this whole trading thing a shot, I cannot recommend eToro highly enough. It’s in a sense, a household entry platform. For a first time trader like me it really was the platform to go to, and let me explain why.

Investing your money is very daunting, but eToro offers the option of experimenting using a virtual portfolio before you invest any actual money.  This allows you to familiarise yourself with the platform while also getting familiar with markets.  I used this virtual portfolio to trial potential strategies. I invested in some big companies like amazon and apple, and dabbled with cryptos like XRP and bitcoin.  Luckily, this was only my virtual portfolio because it wasn’t very successful.  I had made loss because I had no idea what I was investing in or when I should be moving my money around. 


eToro website with virtual and real portfolio options

That why when I invested my actual money,  I took a different approach.  I invested in cryptos that were expected to make serious market moves in the near future, and the rest I used to copy traders with high annual return rates (information which is available on eToro). Copying traders is a really helpful tool which proportionately splits your investment into the same trades your trader has open and removes them when they remove theirs (copies their movements with your money).  

Another perk that should be noted is their app which is super easy to access and navigate, giving you the freedom to keep an eye on markets and trades while out and about.

However, eToro is not for everyone.  If you feel you have the hang of things and are comfortable with a more wholesale and efficient (but arguably less user friendly) experience, have a look at platforms like bybitbitfinex or Binance.


I look forward to your future engagement with me on my blogging journey, please stay tuned for my updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Global Currency

What is money?  Is it gold? Is it is bank notes? Is it even real? Throughout time currency has taken the form of salt, stone and gold c...